A Liebster Award !


So i got nominated for a Liebster award ! 
How lovely :) my new friend Basmah over at Lacee & Lattes nominated me for my first ever Liebster award ! 

Yes, little old me :) 

I was a bit excited (well, alot) and decided to google what this award really was. I mean i have heard it floating around the blogosphere for a while now but had never really made the effort to work out what it meant ! After doing a little research i came to the conclusion that the award is not so much a tangible thing but rather a nod from one up-and-coming blogger to another, in German 'Liebster' means “dearest, loveliest, kindest, favorite, darling", basically it's a term of endearment 

Nawwww warm & fuzzies ! 
I love it already 

So i have to say a big thankyou again to Basmah, be sure to check out her blog !! It's very addictive & the photos will have you lusting over things left right & centre

And here we go,


The rules:

1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you
3. You must pick nominees with under 200 followers (or under 2000 if that works for you) to answer your questions 
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
5. You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated



Basmah's Questions:



What is your favourite thing about yourself?
I would have to say my favourite thing about myself is the colour of my eyes :) I’ve always loved having blue eyes because golden heud eyeshadows are my absolute favourite & they seem to suit blue eyes so well !

If you were going on holiday for 3 months, and could only take 1 makeup item with you, what would it be?
Suncreeen ! I already have some sun damage (tops of my shoulders & a little on my décolletage) everyday when I see it a little part of me gets really upset at past-lauren for not being more proactive. So definitely sunscreen as my one & only

If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
Firstly I would wish for perfect health for all my friends & family, secondly I would wish for the ability to like go from 1 place to another really quick (teleportation?) & thirdly I would pull a dodgy & wish for neverending wishes hehehe is that allowed ?

Who is your celebrity crush?
Um right now ? Shaun White is up there (he is a snowboarder) ! This is a hard one because M is top of my list, hehehe I know that sounds corny but I just love that guy ! Ooooooh Ryan Gosling is alright too, especially if he was in character as Noah :)
   

What is your guilty pleasure?
Sigh. I wish I had a really cool one to say but in all honestly my guilty pleasure is buying expensive candles & only lighting them sporadically then feeling incredible when the smell fills the room. That & buying a decent chocolate (hello guylian) too munch on with Hart of Dixie on a Tuesday night

What was the first makeup product you ever owned?
A grape coloured Estee Lauder lipstick that was given to me by my Aunt ! I think it was a GWP that she cast off lol (& who can blame her). I thought it was the coolest thing & have fond memories of reapplying it whilst at dinner with friends at Hungry Jacks ! Whoo hoo

What is your favourite food?
Noodle Soup ! My parent used to take us out on the weekends to the food court above Paddy’s Markets & I used to get the most delicious concontions mmmmhm rice noodles with Asian greens & dumpling + the soup ! OMG I am hungry now, yep definitely my favorite

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Hmmm well if i'm being honest the first thing that i think of is being able to read minds, but i would regret having this power. I just think there would be no privacy or wonder, imagine reading your boyfriends mind & finding out he was about to propose ! What a bummer...so i would choose the power to fly or teleport instead !


If you had a million dollars, how would you spend it?
I would book a massive snow trip to the ski fields in California, I feel like I have such clarity when I’m in the mountains & around all that fresh air & snow ! Then I would sit down with a hot chocolate & M and brainstorm. I would probably become a house flipper !

What are your pet peeves?
I can’t stand it when people put others down to make themselves feel / sound better, it instantly changes my view of them & I really don’t like it when people turn an entire conversation into a big session all about them ! Usually the same people who do the first, will do the second as well !

If you could only choose one, would you choose lipstick or mascara?
Always mascara, always! The amount of times I have put on a concealer + mascara combo & felt pretty sweet is a lot more than the amount of times lipstick has given me that same feeling ! So I am loyal to mascara, the little tube of wonder that is it


So, there you go ! 
Did any of my answers suprise you, i think i sound pretty normal ? 

My nominees are: 
1. Rhi - of Ebb & Flow 
2. Kacie - of Lady Bear
3. Emma - of Emmabovarybeauty
4. Kaitlyn - of OhhKaye







3 comments

  1. Thanks Lauren! I would literally hate to know what my boyfriend is thinking. Sometimes (often) he says stuff and I am just like, take that back... unsay it. LOL. I don't want to know. I love him most of all without knowing his thoughts. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Kacie ! I could not agree with you more :) its the surprises that keep life exciting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your blog is so lovely. Followed you. xx Tara
    thisindiansummer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete