My Perfect Day (in 2021)

Since starting my new job in July, i've been #blessed to really get to know my co-workers and bosses. I've discovered, they're all really awesome, uplifting and driven people

So we got talking recently about what we want our futures to look like – both in our careers and personal lives. We’ve listed the places we all want to travel, where we want to live, whether or not we want to get married, have kids, etc. And I started really visualising my future 


Beautiful Tahiti from our visit in 2013 


Have you ever thought about what you want your life to look like  next week, or even in 10 years? Not just the life goals or milestones you want to achieve, but just the simplicities of your daily life 
So, here are my answers to the questions in E’s post, with a little insight on what my career goals are…
  1. What time do you wake up, and how are you feeling as you greet the day? I’m up at 5am to get in a little 'me time' before the kids need me and I’m feeling excited to have a delish breakfast and start the day.
  2. Where are you? If you’re at home, what does it look like? I’m living in a nice new house, near the water (lake please) & it's full of dogs, kids, kmart decor and the smell of cookies
  3. Who is with you? My dogs, my husband, my kids, my family, my in-laws and lots of little cousins 
  4. What kind of work are you doing? (If you have no idea what kind of work you’ll be doing or want to be doing, list the qualities you want to find in the work you do and the kind of work environment you want.) I’m working part time in events at the same company i'm at now. I'm a mum and i work on my blog weekly!! 
  5. As you head out to face the day, how do you look? What are you wearing?  Casual cool, i'm still channeling Lauren Conrad, but i've cut my hair into a mid length style to make it more mum friendly. I'm not wearing any makeup except tined lipgloss and a few coats of mascare because my skin is so crystal clear (positive thinking hey?)
  6. How do you get to work? I walk actually. I have a cute cross-body bag for all my things, my hazelnut soy latte is in a travel mug and I've finally found a pair of sunglasses i love (sigh, girl can dream) 
  7. When you’re done with work, how will you spend you spare time and with whom? What activities do you enjoy? I’ll take the dogs for a long walk along the path with kidlets in the pram, plus hubs will be there too cause he works close to home
  8. What is your evening like? I’ll make dinner with my husband, whilst we laugh at the kids, or i'll have family and friends over and we'll just eat and enjoy. No TV cause we barely watch it now anyway, a good book in bed and if i'm really lucky, M will make me a cup of tea when i'm not expecting it (nawww) 
  9. When you go to bed that night, how are you feeling after spending the day doing exactly what you love? I feel fortunate and proud of all the hard work that go me there. I feel content with having a 'boring' life, cause the simple things have become the best things. 
  10. What are you most grateful for and what are you looking forward to as you go to sleep?I’m grateful for good health, for a close and loving family, for getting a decent wage without the stress. I'll probably be looking up holidays before i drift off to sleep, cause travel is still going to be a big love of mine (cruise anyone?) and thinking about Christmas! 
Wow! Life sounds good, never realised how clucky i was until writing this (ooops) 
What does your perfect day in 5 years look like?

1 comment

  1. This sounds like it would really be such a perfect day! :)

    I think it's great to have goals like this, so important to know what you want in life and work hard to get it! :)

    Hope you had a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete